CAT BA ISLAND GETAWAY
Nestled in Lan Ha Bay, to the southwest of Halong Bay – a UNESCO World Heritage and a new Wonder of the Nature, Cat Ba Island holds a huge appeal for tourists. The island is the convergence of wild forest and magnificent beaches, promising to offer tourists with one of a kind traveling experiences. The island, hence, is considered one of the best tourist attractions in Halong Bay. Taking a Cat Ba Island tour, travelers will have a chance to immerse themselves into the wilderness of nature.
The following information will help you know more about Halong Bay cruise Cat Ba to better prepare for your trip.
1. When to visit Cat Ba Island?
Though everyone says summer is the best time of the year to go to the beach, I’d say between autumn and winter, which is from September to December in Vietnam, is the most suitable time for a Cat Ba Island tour. The weather in summer in tropical countries is extremely hot with a high percentage of humidity. Of course, it is great to go swimming but not so ideal for other activities.
Also, a large number of visitors make their ways to the beaches in the summer so it would be a little bit unpleasant for those who want to enjoy a tranquil atmosphere. On the contrary, the weather from September to December is far more pleasant: average temperature, high visibility, low humidity, and lots of sunshine. And most importantly, you will not need to stand the crowd as local visitors do not often visit the island in that period.
2. How to travel to Cat Ba?
The most popular and convenient way to travel to Cat Ba is from Gort Ferry in Hai Phong. This is also where most of Lan Ha Bay cruises depart. But the thing is that the ferry in Hai Phong is still old-dated and quite inconvenient to transfer.
Cat Ba is located quite far from Halong Bay, yet there are still cruises that include this island in their Halong Bay cruise schedule. In other words, travelers can take a Halong Bay cruise to witness the beauty of main spots in Halong first, and then head to Cat Ba Island later. This is considered the best Halong Bay cruise route.
Another thing that makes traveling to Cat Ba from Halong Bay more worth taking is Tuan Chau Wharf. It is a state-of-the-art harbor that is up to international standard. You can go straight onto the big vessel in the port without having to use tender to transfer.
3. Things to do in Cat Ba Island.
Some must-do activities for Halong Bay cruise with Cat Ba Island are as follows:
– Visit the pristine beaches. Of course, how can you leave an island without going to the beach? Cat Ba possesses white sand-bank seashores and blue sea water, which are exceptionally suitable for swimming and strolling. Watching the sunset on the beach is also not bad an experience.
– Explore the rainforest. You will walk through the dense jungle, come across streams, and see different types of flora and fauna of a tropical jungle. Climbing up the rocky mountain and visiting some marvelous limestone caves on the island are also interesting. Not only does the cave look wonderful but the surroundings are also jaw-dropping.
– Go kayaking. Tourists may ride the kayak to visit local floating fish farms and secluded beaches in Lan Ha Bay. Also, you can pay a visit to some tunnel lagoons and discover the beauty of karst caves.
– Eat seafood. A beach trip cannot be complete without seafood. Seafood in Cat Ba is plentiful, and the price is also reasonable.